1.1 What Smart Internet plan is available to me?
The SmartInternet plans shall be available as post-paid plans with a 24 Month contract periods for plans bundled with a device. The SmartInternet plans shall be enabled on both the Telkom 3G network and MTN roaming 3G network.
1.2 Can I set a limit on my account?
A post-paid subscriber shall be able to select a spend limit or the provider may impose a spend limit. The spend limit cannot be more than the credit limit the subscriber qualifies for.
1.3 Please tell me more about your Fair Usage Policy?
- Free uncapped Wi-Fi (with a 10GB FUP) and Wi-Fi Bearer service must be enabled for the plans.
- Fair usage policy shall apply to all uncapped Wi-Fi access granted to qualifying Post-paid and Hybrid data plans. A fair use (FU) cap of 10GB in a month shall be applied to SmartInternet plans. The Wi-Fi access speed shall be throttled to 128kbps once the FUP cap is reached. The Wi-Fi speed must be restored to normal in the beginning of each month.
1.4 How is the Wi-Fi access applied to the Rate plan?
Only one free unlimited Wi-Fi access shall be applied per Rate plan.
1.5 What is enabled on the SmartInternet plan?
Voice, SMS, MMS, USSD and Data shall be enabled on the SmartInternet plans
1.6 Can I carry over any leftover data?
Unused inclusive data bundle balance shall not be carried over to next month and shall expire at the end of each month
1.7 When is Multi SIM enabled for the SmartInternet plans?
- Multi SIM Service must be enabled for the SmartInternet plans
- Multi SIM Service will not be enabled for the SmartInternet Unlimited offer
1.8 What happens if I subscribe to a service within a particular month?
Pro-rating of Recurring Charges and data volume will be used to calculate your bill as follows e.g. assuming a contract was activated on the 17 June 2017:
- ((Total days in Month -17 + 1) / Total days in Month) * Data Bundle Volume
- ((Total days in Month -17 + 1) / Total days in Month) * Recurring Charge
1.9 Which SmartInternet Plans will include a Night Surfer Bundle and which will not?
The following SmartInternet Plans will include a Night Surfer Bundle:
The following SmartInternet plans will not include a Night Surfer Bundle:
1.10 What is involved in checking my balance?
- Balance enquiry will need to reflect all unique bundles indicating balance type and value
- You will be able to view the balance via Self Service Portal, USSD (*188#), SMS (188) and the Apps (Android & iPad).
- When a balance enquiry is done (via USSD) the balance must be displayed i.e. the customer enters *188# USSD string and receives the following text message:- You have xxMB Once-Off Internet bundle available. yy MB will expire on dd/mm/yyyy.- You have used xxMB of Wi-Fi data.
- - You have xxMB of Recurring Internet bundle available. yy MB will expire on dd/mm/yyyy.
- - You have xxMB Inclusive SmartInternet available. yy MB will expire on dd/mm/yyyy.
1.11 What happens when my bundles are depleted?
- When all active data bundles are depleted, the you will be redirected to the Self-Service Portal where you will be presented with the following options to select: - Continue using the Out of Bundle data rate
- - Do nothing until a new bundle is purchased
- - Purchase a Once-Off Internet Data Bundle
- Out of bundle rate of 29c shall apply if there is no data bundle active.
- Subscribers on the SmartInternet Plans shall be able to purchase Once-Off /Recurring Internet Bundles.
- The Once-Off Internet Bundles shall expire at the end of the following calendar month from date of purchase.
- The Recurring Internet Bundles shall expire at the end of the following calendar month from date of allocation. The Recurring Internet Bundles are allocated at the beginning of each month after the first allocation.